4th September 2020
I hope you have all had a great summer break.
Taking on board the Government and Local Authority advice and guidelines, all children will return to school on Tuesday, 8th September, 2020 on a full-time basis. We are very excited that we will be able to see all of the children in school and we want to make everyone feel as safe as possible, whilst making the school as normal as possible.
I have included below some of the measurements and systems we will be putting in place. These will of course be under constant review and parents will be kept up to date with changes at every opportunity.
It is important that only one parent brings their child/children to school to reduce the amount of people coming to school to ensure we can keep to social distancing measures as best as possible. Please see the table below for start and end times together with their entrance for your child’s year group.
Start and End Times:
|Year Groups||Start Times||End Times||Entrance|
|YR||9:00am||3:15pm||Main Gate (buzzer)|
|Y1 & Y1/2||8:45am||3:00pm||Lower Side Gate (Burn)|
|Y2||8:45am||3:00pm||Main Gate (buzzer)|
|Y3||9:00am||3:15pm||Upper Side Gate (Hindmarch Drive)|
|Y4||9:00am||3:15pm||Lower Side Gate (Burn)|
|Y5||8:45am||3:00pm||Upper Side Gate (Hindmarch Drive)|
|Y6||9:15am||3:30pm||Main Gate (buzzer)|
- Children should attend school in correct school uniform, Children should bring 1 bag, 1 named water bottle, 1 coat.
- PE kits must be brought into school and left for the half term
- Communication with your child’s teacher can be done via email or telephone appointments
- Parents should only attend the school office if absolutely necessary and preferably by appointment
- Children will be taught in their classes and have access to a full and varied curriculum
- Children will be given their own equipment and desks will face forwards
- Reception teaching will operate as normal with access to age-appropriate provision
- Lunchtimes will be staggered and children will eat with their year group bubble
- Enhanced cleaning will be carried out during the school day
- Children will be encouraged to wash their hands on entry and continuously throughout the school day (They also have access to hand sanitisers in all classrooms and corridors)
We are all looking forward to the children returning to school and enjoying their lessons again alongside their teachers and friends.