This term year 4 will be learning and reading the book The Wind in the Willows. The children will be reading each paragraph, developing their vocabulary and subject knowledge.
- The children will be making a prediction about the story before the story is read. Emphasis is put on giving evidence for their answers using the front cover of the book.
- They will then move on to writing a setting description, this will include looking at features of a setting such as: the characters, where it is set, time of day, using their senses- what can be seen, heard and felt.
- The next focus will be to write a character description. The children will be introduced to two characters Mole and Rat. They will be using adjectives, expanded noun phrases and their imaginations to demonstrate their creative writing abilities.
- After half term, the children will be writing a diary entry in the role of a character.
- Finally, the children will be writing a summary about events based on what has been read to them.